Saturday, July 13, 2013

Excited to get started!

Welcome to the new Barbeque Review! I've visited BBQ restaurants all over the country in search of "The Best Que" and I'm anxious to share my thoughts about each of them.

I'm originally from Cincinnati, Ohio and now live in Fort Worth, TX, so many of my posts will be from those two areas, but I also sample the BBQ wherever I go, and gladly take your recommendations on spots to try.

What do I look for from Barbeque?  Top of the list is TASTE!  I know a lot of critics get wrapped up in smoke rings and bark and judge against "tradition", and while I look for all those things, nothing is more important than, "Does it taste good?"

I also consider the atmosphere and how the restaurant compares against what it's trying to be.  Of course, cleanliness and service are also important aspects.  Followed by value - they may be the best ribs I've ever tasted, but if they're $35 a rack, they have a higher standard to live up to than a $15 slab.

Finally - and this is a really big deal to me (sorry to those Texas BBQ -Traditionalist) - I rate the side dishes.  I don't care if "that's the way we do it."  If you're going to serve me a side with my BBQ, I want it to taste good!  I've had some great BBQ with sides of grocery-store potato salad and flavorless beans, and you're not going to get high marks from me with throw-away sides.

I'm excited to bring you this blog, and can't wait to share my experiences with everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment